Do you know what your colleagues’ top strengths are? Do they know yours? If the answer is ‘no’ or ‘I’m not sure’, they try some ideas below!
- Each person completes the VIA Signature Strengths Questionnaire
- Everyone shares their top 3 or so strengths. Perhaps even create a “Strengths Map”. Reflect on similarities and differences (see sample strengths map below):
3. Each person describes what honouring those top strengths looks like for them.
Make it visual and fun – don’t just stay in your seats!
4. Describe what not honouring each top strength looks like for you.
- What doesn’t work? How would someone take each strength for granted?
- What behaviour would be the opposite of honouring each top strength for you?
5. Combine what people say they need (and what doesn’t work) into group rules based on common themes.
6. Post top strengths and ground rules somewhere you can easily see and access the lists. Reflect on periodically, particularly when going through a tough time as a team.